Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stop the calls PUH-LEEZ

Solicitation calls really get my blood boiling. It's non stop. It's an invasion. They used to always come at dinner time. During one stretch of time, about 6 months worth, I kept getting at least 7 calls within a 45 minute period. Can you believe it. It's abuse. An assault. I feel like a prisoner in my own home and scared s*less to answer the danged phone. It's all day and all evening, days, weekends, just non stop. The operative word here is STOP!

. . . I get calls for windows, from Friends of Police, for various foundations, for funeral plots, to donate here, to donate there and worse of all and the most egregious . . . from Visa. Rachel, I am sure you're a lovely girl but those calls telling me that I have just one more chance to reduce my percentage rate with your Visa company makes me want to punch you. Right in the face. I have seriously considered cancelling my phone service. But why should I be inconvenienced. That's just ridiculous. Who can get by without a phone. (people on cell phones in public is another topic of conversation. It's annoying. Watch for it) I get those danged calls on my land and cell lines. Arrrrggggg! So that means that I get bombarded 2 times more than everyone else. Great. Thanks. Don't I just feel special. . .

I've tried everything to stop them. I've hit the button to cancel future calls. They still come. I have called my phone company to have the numbers blocked. They still come. I have hit the button to talk to someone. When I ask to be put on a do not call list, they just hang up on me. Un-freakin' believable. You have the nerve to hang up on me! And the calls STILL COME! What will it take to get Rachel out of my life?

And then again, I often wonder who the moron is that made it ok for us to be assaulted this way. It's not just annoying, but a safety hazard as well. How many times I have had to run to grab the phone thinking it was an urgent call. You never know. But no, just a solicitation. I could have fallen and broken a leg or my neck even. I could have fallen down the stairs and been laying for days all twisted up just waiting to be rescued . . . or buried. How many times has something on a hot stove almost been tipped or spilled trying to get to that damned ringing phone only to hear Rachel's voice on the other end. Grrrr.

There must be a way to end these calls. Instead of picketing wall street, let's picket these horrid, obnoxious companies that call relentlessly. . . Who is with me? Oh, I have another idea, maybe we should bombard you with calls every day dear Rachel. Let's see how YOU like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment