Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cancer annoys the crap out of me

I hate the word cancer. It's not just annoying. It's down right ugly. The mere mention of the word strikes fear in the minds of anyone that hears it. The fact that cancer even exists . . .  is annoying. 

Don't we all have enough to deal with in this crappy economy? Jobs have dried up, our 401Ks have dried up, food prices and health care costs are on the rise again. Heck, even the United States Post Office is going bankrupt and closing locations. So on top of all that, we have diseases that are rampant. Do we need these diseases to add to the daily stresses of life? I can't pick up a newspaper or turn on a TV program without mention of what to eat, what to apply to our faces, what to smear on our bodies, where not to go, what not to drink, what not to touch, and all just to try to be cancer (or disease) free. And does any that stuff work anyway? Sometimes I wonder if it just makes it all worse.

Who hasn't been touched in by cancer some way? Well, I just learned today that a great friend has cancer and is going through chemo. Geez. I'm not just annoyed. I'm downright p*ssed!

No comments:

Post a Comment